6 Ways to Get Your Home Ready for the Spring Market
Blog posted On February 10, 2023
Did the recent shift in the market keep your selling plans on hold? Springtime is right around the corner, and it’s time to start having conversations with your Realtor about how you can get your home in order now to have a smooth sale come listing time. Home buyers usually start their home search back up during the spring because they know that more inventory is going to hit the market, so it’s important to make sure that you make your home stand out.
Below are 6 ways to get your home ready for the upcoming spring showings:
- Let in the Natural Light - Keep everything in the home light and bright. Replace curtains with white/neutral colors. For showings, open the blinds and open the curtains to let in the natural light.
- Renovate Outdated Areas – Get with your Realtor to look at comps that have sold recently in your area. If most are a lot more updated than yours then you may want to think about doing some small renovations before putting your home on the market. It can be something as simple replacing fixtures and hardware. If you are looking to freshen up your kitchen, think about painting your cabinets vs. replacing them as a cost-effective upgrade.
- Update the Exterior – Has your yard seen better days? Or could you use a fresh coat of paint on the outside of your home? The outside of your home is the first impression buyers get of your home so it is important to make sure the outside makes buyers excited about continuing to tour your home.
- Paint with Whites and Neutrals – Bold paint choices may be making a comeback, but when it is time to list your home it is a good idea to paint a neutral color throughout. This helps keep the buyer less focused on paint colors when touring your home.
- Fix Anything that is Broken – Some Realtors will recommend getting a pre-inspection done on your home to see if there is anything that needs to be fixed ahead of time. This will help not have any surprises when the buyer does their inspection.
- Pay Attention to Odors – If you have strong pet odors throughout the house that can turn away potential buyers. It is recommended to replace all the carpet and rugs to get rid of the odor.
If you are looking to sell your home we would love to be a part of your next adventure. Reach out today to start the preapproval process and learn about ways we can help attract buyers to your home.